1) Great God who made the universe and knows the stars by name,
Who set the sun and moon and all the planets in their frame,
Who made a billion galaxies and scattered them through space,
Who made a jewel and called it Earth and gave it honored place.
2) He made the day, he made the night, he made the wind that blows,
He made the sky, he made the land, he made the rain and snow,
He made the mountains and the plains, he made the shining seas,
He blessed the earth with greenery and shaded it with trees.
3) All living things on earth he made, yes ev'ry beast that breathes,
The birds that frolic in the sky, the whales that sport at sea,
All cattle and all creeping things, all creatures great and small,
And then a man and woman with dominion o'er them all.
4) The seventh day he made a time of rest for God and man,
That we might ever mindful be of his eternal plan.
Why did God labor mightily, to make the earth we see?
To give a cradle to all life and grow his family.
5) When Christ shall come to earth again, all curses shall be done,
And beautiful as earth was made, it shall again become.
But even still more beautiful new heav'n and earth shall be,
And God at last shall dwell with men, for all eternity.